Nordstrom Rack Haul

Haul blog posts aren't usually the posts that get me all excited. Unless it's something I've never heard of that's new and unusual, I'm just not so pumped to hear details of an average H&M shopping spree. It gives me a case of the Zzzzzz's.

What does get me going though - savings. Major, awesome deals. And so I present to you, a Nordstrom Rack (mini) Haul.

Coming from Canada (see my rant about Canadian shopping here), living in the states has caused me a great deal of shopping joy. I'm a shopper. I don't shop a lot (I mean in large quantities), but I do my research, and I know what's available, where, and for how much. That goes for almost everything; clothing, make up, and home stuff. I just generally have my finger on the pulse.

So yes, Target has been exciting for me (annoyingly Target Canada's arrival coincided exactly with our move to the states). Also exciting for me - Nordstrom. (Although I wouldn't have had to wait long for that one either.) Nordstrom to me is basically the perfect shopping destination. Don't get me wrong, by no means do I rely on it for everything, that's what Target, Macy's and the like are for. But it's where I go to buy jeans, or browse jewellery, or drool on handbags. It's my mecca. My pricy, lovely smelling mecca. So imagine my delight when I discovered not just tons of Nordstroms around me, but a Nordstrom Rack too! (Canadians - Nordstrom Rack is like Winners but with actual good stuff in it).

We were in one the other day looking for some "interview" shirts for my husband. Totally boring right? So I wandered over to the cosmetics area where I found this:


 This costs $29 at Sephora. Rack's price was $12.97. I love buying things that I know are actually sitting on a shelf, somewhere else, for more than twice the price. How is the whole shelf not cleaned out? Are Americans so jaded by all the good deals everywhere that this sort of thing doesn't excite them anymore? American readers?? Tell me.

And then I spotted this:



I love Smashbox. I use the oil free primer in the winter and it makes my foundation go on as though I actually have lovely, hydrated skin (I do not). So I only gravitated towards this because I saw that it was a brand I already knew and loved.

Usually these value sets come with super seasonally-specific colours, so I would have imagined the "Spring" box contained all kind of pastel shadows and fuchsia lippies. Christmas themed ones always seem to contain only things that smell like gingerbread. But no, it's a neutral bonanza. These are all year-round, neutral, works-on-everyone shades. Never mind that it's last year's colours. Who cares.


You might ask, what the heck am I looking at here???? A list if you care:

- Full Exposure Mascara (cause who doesn't need another mascara?)
- Lip Enhancing Gloss in Tabloid (a nice nude)
- Creamy Lip Colour in Strike-a-Pose (also a nice nude)
- Photo Op Eye Shadow Trio in Editorial (matte dark brown, shimmery medium brown, matte cream)
- Photo Op Eye Shadow Trio in On The Cover (shimmery navy, matte steel gray, matte rose or pale pinky-nude)
- Cream Eye Liner Duo in Double Feature (charcoal gray and dark brown)
- Cream Cheek Colour in Callback 
- Double Ended Brush #7 & #9 (cause who doesn't need another brush?)

The front of the box said it was $68 for $180 value....but when I flipped it over the Nordstrom Rack price was $34.97! Ok is that not a total and complete steal? I'm going to go buy all of them, take them back to Canada for resale, and then retire on my hefty profits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts